How to cook Adobong Balut
Adobong Balut Recipe, Balut is one of the most famous exotic foods the Filipinos are known for. It is a fertilized duck egg which is considered by some as an aphrodisiac for the Filipino male with invigorating powers, it is said to increase stamina and sexdrive.
Balut is commonly Balut on Wikipedia.as a streetfood during night time, that is why it is tag as the streetfood in the Philippines. More about
Adobong Balut is high in protein, nutritious and a very delicious Filipino dish. This Adobong Balut Recipe is a must try Filipino delicacy. Try it!
Adobong Balut Ingredients
- 4 Balut eggs, peeled
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 tbsp Canola Oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 small sized Onion
- ½ cup soy sauce, sliced
- ½ cup vinegar
- 3 pcs bay leaf
- freshly ground black pepper
- Thinly sliced Scallions for garnish
Adobong Balut Cooking Instructions:
- Remove the Balut , then set aside.
- Add Canola oil into the Frying pan, when Canola oil is heated enough saute’ Onion and the minced garlic until oil gets infused with the flavor of garlic.
- Add Balut and fry for a few seconds then add Soy sauce and Vinegar in the Pan. Depending on your own taste you can increase or decrease the amount of vinegar .
- Bring to a boil without stirring. Simmer for a few seconds, then swirl the pan so that the eggs are coated with the sauce.
- Add bay leaf, sugar and freshly ground black pepper.
- Simmer for another minute. Swirl once more. Turn off the heat. Let sit for about 10 minutes.
- Give the eggs a final swirl and, for the ultimate experience.
- Best serve with garlic fried rice.
Read more: http://www.pinoyrecipe.net/adobong-balut-recipe/#ixzz24E1Emvld